Demand Driven Planner (DDP) Online Course
This course is for Supply chain planners, managers, buyers, purchasers, schedulers, controllers, warehouse managers, procurement managers and quality managers that are involved in implementing Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP).
Participants need to be familiar with the world of the Supply Chain planning.
Course Dates & Duration
13 - 24 March 2023
Classes are conducted 3 times a week over 2 weeks, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm (3 hours) Sydney Time, totaling 6 sessions and 18 training hours.
ASCI Member: $945
Non Member: $1,350
Course fees include digital courseware. Exam is not included.
This Program equips the participants to implement and run a DDMRP operating model.
- Understand the detail about how DDMRP works (the 5 steps)
- Understand how to use DDS&OP to control the DDMRP model
- Identify the benefits of DDMRP in distribution,manufacturing and purchasing
- Prepare for the DDPP (Demand Driven Planner Professional) certification
Benefits for the Company:
- Reduced stock outs
- Less emergency
- Improved service levels
- Faster time to market
Benefits for the Employee:
- Formal supply chain planning training
- Increased recognition of qualifications and skills
- Increased professional opportunities
- Improved working conditions (less stress)
The sessions covered in this course include:
Module 1: Planning in the Modern World
- The Precisely Wrong Problem
- The VUCA world
Module 2: The Importance of Flow
- It's ALL About Flow
- Flow as a Common Objective
- An Important Caveat
Module 3: The Power of Decoupling
- A Core Problem
- Introducing Decoupling
- Decoupling the Bullwhip
Module 4: Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP)
Module 5: Strategic Inventory Positioning
- Determining Strategic Decoupling Points
- Decoupled Lead Time
- Decoupled Lead Time and the Matrix BOM
Module 6: Distribution Network Positioning
- Push and Promote problem
- Hub and Spoke Positioning
Module 7: Buffer Profiles and Levels
- Introducing Decoupling Point Buffers
- Buffer Profiles and Individual Part Properties
- Calculating Buffers
Module 8: Dynamic Adjustments
- Recalculating Adjustments
- Planned Adjustments
Module 9: Demand Driven Planification
- The Net Flow Equation
- Average On-Hand Range and Target
- DDMRP Supply Order Generation Simulation
- Decoupled Explosion
- Hybrid Fast Mover Supply Order Generation
- Prioritised Share
Module 10: Visible and Collaborative Execution
- Buffer Status Alerts
- Synchronisation Alerts
Module 11: Tactical Planning and Operational Scheduling with DDMRP
- Relevant Ranges
- DDMRP and Tactical Capability Planning
- DDMRP and Operational Scheduling
- DDMRP and the Basic Scheduling Assumptions
Module 12: Adapting DDMRP model through Demand Driven S&OP
- An Introduction to Demand Driven S&OP
- DDMRP Tactical Review
- DDMRP Tactical Projections
- DDMRP Model Reconfiguration
- DDMRP Tactical Exploitation
- DDMRP Strategic Projection
- DDMRP Strategic Recommendation
Module 13: Summary of the DDP programme
Exams are purchased separately and are not included in the price of Online Course.
Study that Fits in with You
Our Online courses are delivered via our online webinar platform. You will be connected with a live facilitator who will take you through the content, allow for questions and answers, provide guidance as you work through the Learning System between sessions and share insights and experiences to set you up for success.
To access the session you will need a Windows or Mac PC/Laptop with a broadband internet connection.
It is also advised that you have a headset and microphone available to make the most of the experience.
Please ensure you are able to accommodate the required self paced study from the Learning System between sessions as failure to do so may see you fall behind.