APICS CPIM (Certified in Planning & Inventory Management) Part 1
This short course is the first module of the APICS Certified in Planning & Inventory Management which is a designation held by over 130,000 supply chain practitioners all over the world. The exam is optional, but if passed, allows participants to continue to Part 2 of the program and complete the certification.
Course Dates & Duration
1 Feb 2023 - 12 Apr 2023
Classes are conducted weekly, 7pm to 9pm (2 hours) Sydney Time, totaling 11 sessions and 22 training hours.
ASCI Member: $1,320
Non Member: $1,720
The sessions covered in this course include:
Module 1: Supply Chain Overview
- Operational Objectives to Meet Competitive Priorities
- Marketing Strategies
- Fundamentals of Sales and Operations Planning
- Manufacturing Strategies
- KPIs and Metrics
- Sustainable and Socially Responsible Supply Chains
Module 2: Fundamentals of Demand Management
- Creating a Product Road Map
- Product Development
- Characteristics of Demand
Module 3: Plan Supply
- Master Production Schedule
- Material Requirements Planning
- Capacity Requirements Planning
- Final Assembly Scheduling
- Closing the Loop
Module 4: Executing the Supply Plan
Module 5: Inventory Management
- Inventory Investment and Days of Supply
- Safety Stock
- Item Segmentation
- Order Quantity and Item Replenishment
- Tracking Inventory Through Supply Chain
- Basics of Reverse Logistics
- Inventory Accuracy Audits
- Addressing Inventory Loss
- Planning and Managing Distribution Inventory
Module 6: Continuous Improvement and Quality Management and Technologies
- Continuous Improvement
- Information, Process, and Emerging Technologies
It is a requirement that all students have the current CPIM Part 1 Learning System prior to commencing the course.
Learning Systems and Certification Exams are purchased separately and are not included in the price of Online Certification Review Courses.
No refund will be issued if the student withdraws after the course has started.
Who can benefit from the program?
- People seeking in-depth knowledge of their company’s internal operations, production and inventory management
- Employees hoping to boost productivity and collaboration
- Managers working to improve operations, increase customer satisfaction and company profit
The course is suitable for buyers,
planners, product planners, material managers, supply planners, demand
planners, inventory managers, supply chain analysts, supply chain
managers, and graduates entering supply chain.
Attending our course is the most effective way to prepare to pass the CPIM exam.
- Learn from a certified instructor who provides expertise, insights and guidance
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with a diverse group of operations professionals
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support
By choosing to study with the Australasian Supply Chain Institute, you have the confidence of knowing our highly qualified instructors are CPIM Certified, experienced professionals who are ready to guide you through the preparation process.
Study that Fits in with You
Our Online Certification Review courses are delivered via our online webinar platform. You will be connected with a live facilitator who will take you through the content, allow for questions and answers, provide guidance as you work through the Learning System between sessions and share insights and experiences to set you up for success.
To access the session you will need a Windows or Mac PC/Laptop with a broadband internet connection.
It is also advised that you have a headset and microphone available to make the most of the experience.
Please ensure you are able to accommodate the required self paced study from the Learning System between sessions as failure to do so may see you fall behind.