Sales & Operations Planning 2-Day Course
Sales & Operations Planning
Producing Real Business Benefits
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
In this workshop, you will find out how to:
- GUIDE your company to lower inventories and shorter lead times with higher customer service levels through a better S&OP process
- USE a cross-functional S&OP/IBP process to IMPROVE:
- Customer service, inventory & profits
- Overall company communication on future plans
- Product Portfolio Management Improvement
- Product & Business Rationalisation
- Inventory reduction
This is a workshop for practitioners who need to understand the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)/Integrated Business Planning (IBP) methodology and how it relates to associated underpinning operational planning & control processes, as well as the higher-level planning processes.
It explains how those responsible for S&OP can adopt these principles to manage businesses more effectively. S&OP is a structured communication process that provides a practical, proven and highly effective way of strategically linking sales & marketing to supply & operations, finance & budgets, new product development & product rationalisation, and a clear approach to inventory management. To achieve a competitive advantage, customer focused demand plans must be integrated with the supply side of the business, with detailed plans linked to aggregate ones. S&OP is common sense. It’s making it happen that is hard.
The S&OP process outlined in this workshop provides the knowledge to ensure sale, operations, and inventories are aligned and that plans are measured to enable continuous improvement. Delegates will also receive 2 of the most recent books on S&OP, and Roles & Responsibilities associated with the 5 Steps.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is suitable for anyone involved in the S&OP process:
Project Team Leaders
Supply Chain Managers
Government Department Heads
Course Dates & Duration
6 - 7 Feb 2024
Classes are conducted daily, 9 am to 5 pm Sydney Time, totaling 16 training hours. Participants can either join the training at Burrinja Cultural Centre (Wurundjeri Country. 351 Glenfern Road Upwey Victoria 3158) or via ZOOM.
ASCI Member: $1,950
Non Member: $2,350
DAY 1: UNDERSTANDING THE SALES & OPERATIONS PLANNING PROCESS
- The basic “left to right” S&OP approach
- Development of S&OP
- Linking volume & mix
- A total integrated planning & control methodology
- The 5 Steps explained
- Step 1 – Data gathering & review
- Step 2 – Demand planning
- Step 3 – Operations planning
- Step 4 – Integrated reconciliation
- Step 5 – The executive review
- Our First S&OP meeting!
- Top management role
- Sales & marketing roles
- Simplifying the sales forecasting process
- Manufacturing’s role
- The key role of planning
DAY 2: IMPLEMENTING S&OP AND KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Different environments
- Order fulfilment strategies
- Different S&OP displays for MTS, MTO & ATO environments
- S&OP integration with continuous improvement
- Integration with Finance
- The implementation process
- Measure the right things, then what gets measured gets improved
- “Class A” Scoreboard
- Other key measures – Corporate & sales forecast measures
- Implementation Do’s
- 8 Implementation Don’ts
- What happens if you keep doing the same things?
- Senior Management commitment versus involvement
- What is your ambition?
- The 7 Keys of S&OP
- Breakthrough S&OP
- Right to Left S&OP – A new approach?
- Roles & responsibilities