APICS CLTD (Certified in Logistics, Transport and Distribution)
Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) proves an in-depth understanding of how to streamline logistics, transportation and distribution including order management, distribution inventory management and warehouse management.
By earning the CLTD designation, you join a network of professionals in logistics, transportation and distribution who are dedicated to reducing their industry’s impact while providing new, innovative solutions.
With a CLTD designation, you’ll advance your ability to lead in this sector through best practices and the most up-to-date strategies and trends.
Course Dates & Duration
1 Mar 2023 - 24 May 2023
Classes are conducted weekly, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm (3 hours) Sydney Time, totaling 13 sessions and 39 training hours.
ASCI Member: $2,420
Non Member: $2,820
There are nine modules:
Module 1: Logistics Overview and Strategy
- Outlining the principles that make logistics useful, including economic drivers
- Understanding how logistics fits within supply chain management
- Managing logistics strategy, including the logistics value proposition
- Developing flexible logistics frameworks and collaborative relationships
- Exploring strategic-level risk management
- Using fundamental performance measurements and benchmarking
- Implementing reengineering and continuous improvement philosophies
Module 2: Logistics Network Design
- Implementing a logistics network design process
- Considering transportation requirements driving logistics network plans
- Using tools and analyses to select node patterns and links
- Adopting risk management
- Planning for network security and business continuity
Module 3: Sustainability and Reverse Logistics
- Understanding how logistics plays a key role in demonstrating organizational social responsibility
- Managing the triple bottom line, including carbon footprint reductions and green initiatives
- Selecting vendors based on sustainable practices
- Demonstrating responsibility when handling and managing hazardous and dangerous materials
Module 4: Capacity Planning and Demand Management
- Understanding the basics of forecasting including various types of forecasts
- Shaping demand for logistics services
- Translating demand information into planning for transportation and warehousing capacity
- Providing input during S&OP and participating in collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment
- Planning for distribution requirements
- Managing supply, including ERP master scheduling
- Developing a process and selecting a purchasing strategy
Module 5: Order Management
- Performing customer relationship management during order management activities
- Implementing CRM to strengthen relationships
- Meeting customer needs
- Achieving service levels according to customer demand
- Managing the process steps and logistics decision points of inbound, intracompany, and outbound order management
Module 6: Inventory Management
- Understanding inventory management, planning, and control
- Contrasting stakeholder expectations for inventory management
- Summarizing the different functions or purposes inventory serves in a business
- Illustrating the major types of inventory costs
- Differentiating approaches to safety stock and determinations of when to order
- Performing calculations related to standard deviation, economic order quantity, and reorder points
- Describing lean, just-in-time, ABC, vendor-managed inventory and other alternative approaches
- Listing common performance metrics
Module 7: Warehouse Management
- Understanding warehousing strategies and determining which to use
- Considering physical aspects and tactics related to warehousing design
- Exploring warehousing challenges and trends
- Summarizing warehouse ownership types and functions
- Determining warehouse operations performance measures
- Diving deep into warehouse processes, layouts, materials handling, systems and automation, and packaging
Module 8: Transportation
- Outlining transportation fundamentals including cost structure, stakeholders, capabilities, carrier types, mode classifications, and selection considerations
- Diving deep into the modes of transportation including road, rail, air, water, pipeline, intermodal, andparcel/courier
- Managing transportation according to guiding principles
- Considering tradeoffs when designing transportation networks, selecting carriers and modes, and planning routes and schedules
Module 9: Global Logistics Considerations
- Examining current factors in the global logistics space
- Staying competitive while balancing cost and level of service
- Exploring the history of international trade theories and infrastructure
- Discussing global logistics performance indicators and trade specialists
- Complying with international trade regulations
- Preparing customs documentation
- Discussing finance, payment options, terms of sale, payment methods, currency issues, trade zones, and hedging
It is a requirement that all students have the current CLTD Learning System prior to commencing the course.
Learning Systems and Certification Exams are purchased separately and are not included in the price of Online Certification Review Courses.
No refund will be issued if the student withdraws after the course has started.
Who can benefit from the program?
- People seeking in-depth knowledge of their company’s internal operations, production and inventory management
- Employees hoping to boost productivity and collaboration
- Managers working to improve operations, increase customer satisfaction and company profits
- Logistics professionals looking to secure their career
Attending our course is the most effective way to prepare to pass the CLTD exam.
- Learn from a certified instructor who provides expertise, insights and guidance
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with a diverse group of operations professionals
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support
By choosing to study with the Australasian Supply Chain Institute, you have the confidence of knowing our highly qualified instructors are CLTD Certified, experienced professionals who are ready to guide you through the preparation process.
Study that Fits in with You
Our Online Certification Review courses are delivered via our online webinar platform. You will be connected with a live facilitator who will take you through the content, allow for questions and answers, provide guidance as you work through the Learning System between sessions and share insights and experiences to set you up for success.
To access the session you will need a Windows or Mac PC/Laptop with a broadband internet connection.
It is also advised that you have a headset and microphone available to make the most of the experience.
Please ensure you are able to accommodate the required self paced study from the Learning System between sessions as failure to do so may see you fall behind.