APICS CPIM (Certified in Planning & Inventory Management) Part 2
This short course is the second module of the APICS Certified in Planning & Inventory Management which is a designation held by over 130,000 supply chain practitioners all over the world. The exam is optional, but if passed with Part 1 certificate, allows participants to obtain CPIM certificate.
Course Dates & Duration
2 Feb 2023 - 18 May 2023
Classes are conducted weekly, 7 pm to 9:30 pm (2.5 hours) Sydney Time, totaling 16 sessions and 40 training hours.
ASCI Member: $2,420
Non Member: $2,820
The sessions covered in this course include:
Module 1: Strategy
- The Environment and Strategy
- Strategic Scope
- Strategic Objectives
- Developing Organisational Strategy
- Executing and Monitoring Strategy
- Analysis for Functional and Operational Strategies
- Functional and Operational Strategies
- Processes and Layouts
- Performance Monitoring and KPIs
- Risk Management
- Capital Equipment and Facilities
- Sustainability Strategies
Module 2: Sales and Operations Planning
- Purpose of S&OP
- S&OP Roles and Process
- Aggregate Demand and Supply Plans
- Reconciling S&OP Plans
Module 3: Demand
- Demand Management
- Marketing and Product Management
- Sources of Demand
- Forecast Performance
Module 4: Supply
- Creating the Master Schedule
- Using and Maintaining the Master Schedule
- Rough-Cut Capacity Planning
- MRP Design
- Using and Managing MRP
- CRP and MRP-Based Scheduling
- Final Assembly Schedule
- Product Costing
- Changes and Supply Disruptions
- Product Life Cycle Management
Module 5: Inventory
- Inventory Planning
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Costs, Value, and Metrics
- Inventory Control
- Waste Hierarchy and Reverse Logistics
Module 6: Detailed Schedules
- Planning Detailed Schedules
- Scheduling and PAC Methods
- Production Schedules
- Using Detailed Schedules
Module 7: Distribution
- Planning Distribution
- Replenishment and Order Management
- Reverse Logistics in Distribution Network
Module 8: Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Technology
- Continuous Improvement
It is a requirement that all students have the current CPIM Part 2 Learning System prior to commencing the course.
Learning Systems and Certification Exams are purchased separately and are not included in the price of Online Certification Review Courses.
No refund will be issued if the student withdraws after the course has started.
Who can benefit from the program?
- People seeking in-depth knowledge of their company’s internal operations, production and inventory management
- Employees hoping to boost productivity and collaboration
- Managers working to improve operations, increase customer satisfaction and company profit
The course is suitable for buyers,
planners, product planners, material managers, supply planners, demand
planners, inventory managers, supply chain analysts, supply chain
managers, and graduates entering supply chain.
Attending our course is the most effective way to prepare to pass the CPIM exam.
- Learn from a certified instructor who provides expertise, insights and guidance
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with a diverse group of operations professionals
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support
By choosing to study with the Australasian Supply Chain Institute, you have the confidence of knowing our highly qualified instructors are CPIM Certified, experienced professionals who are ready to guide you through the preparation process.
Study that Fits in with You
Our Online Certification Review courses are delivered via our online webinar platform. You will be connected with a live facilitator who will take you through the content, allow for questions and answers, provide guidance as you work through the Learning System between sessions and share insights and experiences to set you up for success.
To access the session you will need a Windows or Mac PC/Laptop with a broadband internet connection.
It is also advised that you have a headset and microphone available to make the most of the experience.
Please ensure you are able to accommodate the required self paced study from the Learning System between sessions as failure to do so may see you fall behind.