The ASCI Ethics Committee is a subcommittee of the ASCI Board and an advisory body, appointed by the ASCI Board of Directors to:
In accordance with the directive of the ASCI Board of Directors, the ASCI Ethics Committee serves as an advisory body to the Board of Directors to interpret the ASCI Code of Ethics and to advise all persons who are subject to the Code. These opinions represent the ASCI Ethics Committee's advice to employees and interested persons about the application of the Code to specific conduct or behaviour.
The Ethics Committee shall:
The Committee shall also undertake such additional activities within the scope of its primary functions as the Committee may from time to time determine.
The Committee shall, at least once a year, review its own performance and terms of reference to ensure it is operating at maximum effectiveness, and recommend any changes it considers necessary to the ASCI Board for approval.
The Committee's reporting obligations are as follows:
1. Minutes of Committee meetings shall be circulated promptly to all members of the Committee and once agreed, to all members of the ASCI Board (unless a conflict of interest exists).
2. The Chairman of the Committee will report formally to the ASCI Board on its proceedings after each meeting on all matters within the scope of its duties and responsibilities.
3. The Committee shall make whatever recommendations to the ASCI Board it deems appropriate in any area within its remit where action or improvement is needed.
4. The Committee shall have access to sufficient resources in order to carry out its duties.
5. The Committee is authorised by the ASCI Board, when required, to obtain outside legal or other independent professional advice.
6. The Committee's duties, responsibilities and activities during the year will be disclosed appropriately in the Annual Report and Accounts.
7. The chairperson of the Committee shall attend the Annual General Meeting of ASCI and be prepared to respond to any member questions on the Committee's duties, responsibilities and activities.